Getting to Glasgow
Glasgow is easy to reach and a cost effective, whether you're based in the UK or further afield.
The city is served by three international airports and boasts the largest rail network in the UK outside of London.
- 3 international airports: Glasgow Airport, Edinburgh Airport and Glasgow Prestwick
- Daily Emirates flight from Dubai – with connections for Asia, Africa & Australasia
- Great worldwide connections via daily flights from London to Glasgow Airport
- Glasgow Airport is just 15 minutes from the city centre
- Glasgow has two major train stations, Glasgow Central serving the South and Glasgow Queen Street serving Edinburgh and the North; both stations are located in the heart of the city
- Daily direct trains from London – average journey time is just over 4 hours
Getting around the city
Glasgow is a very compact city and easy to get around on foot. Most delegates will be able to walk from their hotel to Glasgow Caledonian Campus and our off-campus social events.
The city has a very extensive and efficient public transport system. Wherever possible, active travel, such as walking and cycling, is encouraged. Glasgow's cycle hire scheme, OVOBikes, is a cost effective, green and healthy way for conference delegates to get around the city. Bikes are available to hire from various locations around the city. Glasgow Taxis are also an easy way to get around the city and are safe, sanitised and offer contactless payment.
COVID-19: Staying Safe
Keep up to date with the latest information and guidance relating to COVID-19 on the Scottish Government website.
- All UK and international travel guidance and any COVID-19 related restrictions can be found on the UK Government website's travel section.
- Specific information on traveling to Scotland from abroad can be found in the international travel section.
- Also check the Glasgow Airport website for the most up to date travel information.
- Visit the Transport Scotland website for further guidance on how to travel safely.
There is currently no legal requirement in Scotland to wear face coverings. Delegates may however choose on an individual basis to wear a face covering while attending ARCOM 2022.